Join us as we head to Crossville Tennessee at Spring Tree Farm for the 3rd Annual Christ Church Campout! We love having this time of fellowship together as we experience God’s great creation outdoors! Be sure to plan on joining us on October 11th and 12th!
Details and information: We will be camping on Jack and Kathy Tarr’s property in Crossville again this year. It is about an hour and twenty minutes from Knoxville (an email has gone out with directions, please contact us if you need those directions again). We are so thankful for this special place and the extreme generosity of Jack and Kathy! Here are some things you need to know to prepare for the campout. Please contact us if you would like to RSVP yes to this event and be sure to read all the following details (it might be a lot):
The feel of this year is going to be a little more laid back since we have a lot of stuff coming up this month (think FALL OUTREACH!!!). We will plan on arriving Friday after work (5pm or after is fine) and hanging out until Saturday late afternoon. Feel free to come to all or just a portion of that. We will do a casual time of campfire/singing/stories/testimonies/s’mores/laughing on Friday night. We will do a meal together on Saturday provided by Christ Church and would encourage you to try to be there for that.
Since this will be a more “chill” year, we are not doing planned activities. We are encouraging all to bring frisbees, footballs, badminton sets, corn hole sets, bocce balls, horse shoes, etc., etc….while we will not have organized games, let’s not let that stop us from having a good old time out of doors with an amazing view of the mountains as our backdrop!
The evenings do get chilly and this will be an outdoor event so if you are worried about keeping little ones warm, feel free to just come up for the day Saturday. There will be no indoor sleeping available this year. (See next point.) For all other’s that plan on spending the night, just plan on bringing lots of layers. The days have been nice and warm so just bring enough to add on as the chill sets in.
The house on the property is still under construction and more importantly, the wood floors in the lower level (which we had access to last year) will be getting sealed. THIS MEANS that we all need to come prepared to spend our time out of doors! The doors should be locked but parents, we MUST keep an eye on our children and make sure that they are not left unattended, free to wander in on the freshly sealed floors.
- One bathroom will be accessible off of the main house which we will be shown upon arrival and we will also be getting a port-o-potty over by the area we are camping on.
- Bring whatever you need to equip you or your family for a day or two outside. (Pop-ups, tents, camp stoves, chairs, blankets, etc. You get the idea.) Moms with young ones, this means you also need to come prepared for this. The weather should be cool enough, so if naps are still needed, your tent (or a friend’s tent, if you are just there for the day) should work well for this.
We will be having lunch all together on Saturday, provided by the church. (Sweet!!!) This will be our main time of fellowship all together so we encourage you to try to make it to this time! We will have gluten free options for all those Christ Church GF-ers out there. Again, we NEED your RSVP’s.
As far as all other meals, please be prepared to bring and fix what you need in the great outdoors. I am guessing that most of you coming up Friday evening will be coming having already eaten dinner so this should just be breakfast for you or your family and any snacks you may want throughout the day. Propane campout stoves are welcome and if you don’t have one and want to collaborate with another family, I am sure there are many who would be willing to share! Other easy options are packing foods like a cooler of milk and cereal, muffins, bagels, etc.
Parents (Very Important!): Please plan ahead of time for this to be family time. Because of the nature of the large property, on-going construction on the interior of the home, the flowing spring and a pool outside, it is very important for the safety of our precious little ones that we are aware at all times of where they are and in whose care they are in. Just prepare to have the same mindset that you would, if you were camping in the Smokies with your family. This means communicating well and not assuming someone is watching them.
There are only three ways to get up to the house/pool area and two involve crossing the spring and the other involves crossing a hill which children could fall down into the spring. This means you need to accompany your little one ALWAYS when they are going from house to campsite, etc.
Weather Policy: If it is just drizzling on Friday in Crossville, we will plan on going forward with camping. However, if it is pouring on Friday or Saturday in Crossville we will most likely cancel. We will make sure this information gets updated on this page here on the website.
- Helpful Packing Reminders:
- Note: If you are missing any gear you need to camp but want to camp, please let us know and the “event team” can help you locate some gear!
- Food, cookware, silverware, plates, cups, etc. if you plan on staying the night on Friday
- S’mores Stuff – it would be great if everyone planning to participate on Friday night could contribute some goods towards this!
- Bug Spray, Sunscreen
- Tennis Shoes
- Clothes to get dirty
- Warm clothes for evening
- Bible (There are lots of GREAT places to get time with the Lord and enjoy His majesty!)
- Tents, sleeping bags, ground pads, blankets, etc.
- Camp chairs
- Toothbrush and deodorant (just saying…)
- Swimsuits, towels, goggles, floaties, etc. (pool should be available)
- Balls, Frisbees, Fun Stuff
- A super huge THANKS to the Tarr’s for hosting this shin-dig!
Any updates to this plan will be here on this page if anything should change. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments or need to RSVP, call Marshall at: 941.266.2240 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are really looking forward to this time of laughter, relaxing and fun together. Unpack those flannels…its gonna be a great time together! How blessed we are that we can do something like this!