This Wednesday, June 8th, at 6:30pm, we are looking forward to a time together as women to worship and praise the Lord through the expression of dance. Read the rest of this entry →
Summer is approaching fast which means summer vacation time is almost here! As we normally do at Christ Church Knoxville, we will have an adjusted schedule through the summer months. We want to make sure everyone is up to date so here are some important reminders: Read the rest of this entry →
Christ Church Knoxville is excited to start a new format for Sunday mornings starting on March 6th! We are adding Sunday school classes and a coffee break (at our soon-to-be coffee bar!) alongside our normal corporate worship service.
- 9:15 – Coffee and fellowship
- 9:30 – Sunday school classes
- 10:15 – Coffee break
- 10:30 – Corporate service
- 12:00 – Dismiss
On March 6th we will begin our new Sunday morning service format which includes the introduction of Sunday school classes. Everyone will have an opportunity to sign up for classes on Sunday. Each semester we will have a new series of classes for everyone to choose from. This semester Christ Church will be offering the following classes:
- Biblical Evangelism – Nick Blevins
- How to Study the Bible – Mark Baker
- Marriage and Parenting – Jack and Kathy Tarr
- Count it All Joy (elementary school) – Devon Tarr
- The Window of the Word (middle/high school) – Chris Perkins
Merry Christmas from Christ Church Knoxville!
As a church we love to celebrate the Advent season looking back at the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and looking forward to His promised return. What a joyful time of year to meditate on the church of scripture that God became a man in order to walk among us and give up His life so that we would have new, eternal life!
As you know the holidays bring plenty of parties and events and CCK is no different. Here’s a rundown of what is coming up in the month of December (be sure to check the Calendar page for updates too):
- Wednesday the 2nd – Corporate prayer and worship at the church at 6:30pm.
- Wednesday the 9th – Small groups around town at 6:30pm.
- Sunday the 13th – Sunday service is followed by our Holiday Potluck Lunch!
- Wednesday the 16th – The Annual CCK Christmas Party at Nathan and Devon’s house!
- Wednesday the 23rd – No small groups. Enjoy your Christmas!
It’s that time of year again! Time for the Annual Christ Church Campout on November 13th and 14th! Each year we come together in the great outdoors to enjoy God’s splendor, fellowship together and have fun playing some games. What a sweet time this is for our church body, even as we continue to grow in number. Our main games and festivities will take place on Saturday the 14th but we encourage everyone to come on Friday the 13th to “rough it” as a family overnight (it’s not really that rough). Read the rest of this entry →
This month we started small groups at Christ Church Knoxville! We are so excited for how the Lord will use these times together to strengthen us as a church family and build us up by allowing for new evangelistic opportunities as well. All of our regular attendees have been invited to join a small group in their area and we are eager for anyone who is not in a group to find one near them as soon as possible. If you are new to Christ Church or are not in a small group yet, you can contact Pastor Nathan or email us at email@example.com for more information. Read the rest of this entry →
As part of our 10 Year Anniversary Celebration this month at CCK, we are having our weekly service at McFee Park in West Knoxville this Sunday morning! Church will start as usual at 9:30am but come around 9:15am to get settled and grab a cup of coffee before we get started.
As part of the Christ Church Knoxville 10 Year Anniversary we are having a movie night this Friday night! Join us this Friday, September 18th at Christ Church for snacks, drinks and an outdoor movie.
- The movie is starting at 7:45pm so be there by 7:30pm to get snacks and get settled.
- Bring camping chairs, blankets and some warm clothes (the temperatures are starting to drop!) and get ready for a fun time together.
- Invite your friends and family too!
- If you have any questions feel free to email us here.